Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Winterland to cool you off!?!?

Guess who is up on the Moxxie Blog today?
 It is just too hot here in South Dakota. The temps and humidity have been unbelievable. The heat doesn’t really bother me, but being a West River girl, who recently became an East River girl...the humidity takes some getting used to. I don’t think I will ever adjust. Yuck!!
I thought I might cool myself off a bit, if I created something with Moxxie's Winterland. It kind of helped, as now I remember just how cold it was last Winter. Brrrrr!

I created this layout with these Moxxie Supplies:
other supplies used:
Vintage Doily, Bazzill Chipboard Snowflake, Liquid Pearls, Twine from the Twinery, Stampin’ Up Heart Punch, heart button and Machine Stitching

How hot is it?
IT'S SO HOT in South Dakota that
The birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.
.....the trees are whistling for the dogs.
.....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance
....hot water comes from both taps.
.....you can make sun tea instantly.
.....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding
iron.
.....the temperature drops below 90 F and you feel a little chilly.
.....you discover that in July it only takes two fingers to steer your
car.
.....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
.....you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
.....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 A.M.
....you realize that asphalt has a liquid stage.
.....the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one
out and add butter.
.....the cows are giving evaporated milk.
.....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from
laying boiled eggs.

Stay cool, my friends!

3 comments :

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love this

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous page! I love the pop of red! Thanks for the inspiration. =)

Unknown said...

great page, love the photo and the gorgeous colours!

Back to Top