Friday, March 15, 2013

Inspiration Elevator Challenge #11

You may recall that the purpose of this challenge group is to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. You can view all of the challenges on my blog by clicking here.
This month, our challenge comes from the very sweet and very talented Joanne Burton. Joanne resides in Waterloo and co-owns a scrapbook store there with her bff. Her scrapbooking style is classicly elegant and always showcases wonderful photos. It's no wonder that her challenge to is centered around the photo - here is the challenge, in Joanne's own words:
Inspiration Elevator has been such a tremendous experience for me! We have explored our style, stretched our single pages into two, documented our fears and regrets, scrapbooked our beliefs, worked with less than perfect photos and have even gone vintage! Hopefully we have each grown as a result of being a part of this group – I know I have! 

One of the fun things about scrapbooking is working with our photos. We get to pick and choose our favorite photos and have fun recording the memories behind them. So this month, I thought we could stretch our creativity by having some fun with our photos!

I assume we all work with digital photos, so this month’s challenge will work for each of you. I want you to pick a photo and then alter it in some way using your favorite photo editing program. I would like to see something more than just making your photo black & white. Maybe use a special effect, add a frame, play with text, etc. There is so much you can do!

Play with your photo until it conveys a particular look or feel that will help you to express your memories associated with that picture. Then add it to your page! When you post your finished project, please share how you altered your photo, and why you chose the effects you did. (Maybe you could even post a before and after of your photo!)

Here is the photo that I altered of my sweet little Stella...I used PicMonkey.com and used the Tranquil, Soften and added a frame.  I wish I could learn to use Photo Shop and use all the great overlays...I just need to take some classes or some on line tutorials.  PicMonkey is super easy to use...and that works for me!

Love the layout...perfect for this little pup that makes me so very happy!  Based on sketch from Julie Bonner at Noel Mignon.  Here is the link


I hope you will stop by and see what the designers on this adventure have created:

12 comments :

Unknown said...

Love what you dd with sweet Stella's pic, I am definitely going to have I check out pic monkey. Great take on the sketch too, love the colours.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! I love love love that sweet photo, the colors and loving all the circles!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

girl, you rocked this!! oh man oh man i totally love this layout!!!

i have never heard of picmonkey but i am going to check it out. i have tried online courses fro photo shop and i still don't get it- i need a regular class or something because i am totally lost with it!

Laurel said...

Awesome layout and such a cute pup!

Tracey said...

What a fabulous page!! Loving the circles!!

LisaM said...

Awe, such a sweet photo and love your page!

Lisa Spiegel said...

I love what you did with the photo! It just set the tone for the whole layout...so perfect!!

Joanne said...

Just a truly lovely page! The picture of your puppy is soooo sweet and the editing is perfect! You did an awesome job with this challenge!!
Joanne xo

Sue Sykes said...

*squeal* LOVE this, Cathy! The fanned-out, doubled photo is a favourite technique! Great use of white space and I love the colours you've chosen!

Ann Jobes said...

Nice work with the sketch, and great edits on Stella's cute photo! I like the crisscross circle mat behind the photo, too! YOu are rocking your Silhouette these days!

Christa said...

Whoa! I adore your large off centred circles and your excellent photo editing. I think the yellow chevron is fab too. Love this Cathy! LOVE IT!!

Audrey Yeager said...

I love love love this page!! The bits of red are brilliant!! And I love the subtle effect of your overlay...

Back to Top