Tuesday, February 18, 2014

3-D Scenes with Samantha Walker's Bendy Cards

I have a post up on the Samantha Walker Blog today!

 Sharing one of Samantha's bendy cards with you.  I chose the Sloped Bendy Card for my project.  These are just so fun, you can create amazing, fun 3-D scenes so easily and then they fold flat so you can mail them with ease!



First, I cut my sloped bendy card out of navy card stock, I kept it the original size.  Next, I cut all the pieces for the caravan camper.  I reduced the size to 80%, and you can see how arranged it on my mat.  If you have nice sticky mat, it easy to layer different colors of card stock and get all of your pieces cut at once.  I inked all the edges of my camper with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and then assembled it.  I added black bling for a little more accent and a blue brad for the hub cap.  I used a scallop border punch to create the red curtain you see on the window of the camper!


Next, cut the sun and clouds. Ooops! I forgot how much I reduced these, but by looking at the screen shot you can get an idea for the sizes.  The swirl part of the clouds was cut out of the same navy card stock as the base. Ink the edges of the sun. Then assemble your sun and clouds, a glue pen comes in handy for adhering the swirls to the cloud bases.  I added a bit of pen work to the sun just to make it pop a bit more.


After I had everything put together, I adhered the pieces to the sloped bendy card with scor-tape! 
Next, up was creating a sentiment for the inside of the card and Samantha had the perfect one in her Silhouette store...
Not All Who Wander Are Lost.  It is actually a vinyl quote, but I was able to scale it down to the size I needed and add the colors that I need to match my card. I found it easier to use the fill colors when I left it the original size.  Then reduce it to the size you need.  

Send it your printer and make sure to add registration marks.  I kind of cheated, so that I didn't have to go in an add all the do not cut lines...I simply printed the sentiment, then added the notebook paper cut, centered it and then removed the saying so that it just cut the notebook piece.  Sometimes, that is just easier then going in clicking no cut lines.  I always seem to miss one somewhere along the line and have to start over...lol.  After I added the sentiment to the inside of the card, I added a few little embellishments!


Thanks for joining us today and we would love to see what you create with Samantha Walker's Bendy Cards...there are so many to choose from..complete with envelopes and boxes.  Follow the link below to see all of the files!
Samantha Walker's Silhouette Files

Click on the picture and it will take you right to the file in the Silhouette Store!





Supplies
Bazzill Dotted Swiss Card Stock Salt & Pepper
Admiral and Vanilla Bazzill Card Stock
American Crafts Brad
Doodlebug Sunshine Sprinkles

1 comment :

Shannon said...

Cathy!!! Thank you so much again for linking up to Paper Issues!! You'll be featured on Saturday, April 19, 2014!!! <3

Back to Top